Online Bachelor of Science.
The Bachelor of Science in Management program is designed for adults with transferable college credit who are seeking opportunities for advancement in the field of business management.
Management (BS) coursework is designed to prepare students to become effective business management decision makers. Key principles and concepts in the areas of accounting, finance, marketing, management, information systems, and related functional areas are emphasized. The curriculum also helps students achieve their goals for career advancement or graduate study by fostering analytical reasoning skills within the context of problems and scenarios with which business decision makers are often challenged.
Students may combine college credit from accredited institutions or non-traditional prior learning from a specialty field with a comprehensive management curriculum and relevant general education courses. They may also create their own subject area of concentration, utilizing NAU Canada Online course offerings.
Management Core Courses:
Students enrolled in the BS Management program develop knowledge and skills in the following major core courses:
- Financial Accounting for Managers
- Business Finance I
- Introduction to Business
- Principles of Management
- Introduction to Leadership and Quality
- Managing Human Resources
- Managing Information Systems
- Business Ethics
- International Business OR
- Management Across Cultures
- Management Review Lab
- Strategic Management
- Operations Management
Students develop other necessary knowledge and skills in courses in the Support Core and General Education Core, including courses in communications, science, mathematics, humanities/behavioral/social science, and college and career success.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Explain the major concepts in financial accounting, marketing, finance, and management.
- Apply concepts and principles related to the international dimensions of management.
- Apply decision-support tools to business decision making.
- Communicate effectively and in a professional manner.
- Analyze typical challenges that managers are likely to face and recommend solutions, using critical thinking skills and ethical decision-making models.
Common Occupation of Graduates
- Financial Auditors and Accountants
- Corporate Sales Managers
- Business Development Officers and Marketing Researchers and Consultants
- Financial and Investment Analysts
- 89.93% of recent graduates find employment
- Median Earnings: $54,958
- Earning Range: $42,161 – $73,593
*Source: Government of Canada – 2017-11-15
Why Choose NAU?
Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor on day one, and will have an academic advisor after you enroll.
Transfer Credit Accepted
We offer free transfer evaluations and accept up to 75% of the program to transfer in from another institution/program.
Our Faculty members are skilled professionals that work in the fields they teach, bringing practical knowledge and experience into the online classroom.
National American University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
National American University is approved by the Higher Learning Commission to offer programs and courses through distance education.
National American University has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kan., USA. The business programs in the following degrees are accredited by the IACBE:
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Management
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Management
- Associate of Applied Science in Accounting
- Associate of Applied Science in Business Administration
- Associate of Applied Science in Business Logistics
- Associate of Applied Science in Management
- Associate of Applied Science in Small Business Management
Program Completion Flexibility
As a standard, full-time student you can complete the program in as few as 15 months, however, you may choose your course load – take as many or as few classes at one time as you want.
Credit for Real-World Experience
Earn credit for prior learning which includes experiential learning or portfolio credits awarded by NAU, and evaluated corporate training certificates
Student Learning Resources
NAU offers multiple student learning services, from free tutoring, to our Ask-a-Librarian service (open 7 days a week), to free access to scholarly journals that are up-to-date in your field.
Ready for the Next Steps?
Learning online doesn't mean going it alone. Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor.