Online Bachelor of Science.
The online Bachelor of Science in Information Technology program is designed to provide the flexibility to integrate specialized technology and skills into a customized information technology program.
Information Technology (BS) coursework prepares the graduate for advancement in management or technical areas associated with their specialty field. This program is intended for individuals with degrees, diplomas, certificates or certifications in specialty areas, such as information technology, computer science, programming, networks, computer-aided design, and database, or other related areas.
Information Technology Major Core Courses
Students enrolled in the BS Information Technology program develop knowledge and skills in the following major core courses:
- Computer Concepts
- Principles of Programming
- Introduction to Database
- Internetworking Fundamentals
- Introduction to Computer Security
- Human-Computer Interaction – User-Centered Design
- Systems Architecture
- Computer Ethics
- Website and Web Application Design
- Intermediate Project Management OR
- Project Management
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Integrative Systems Project
Students develop other necessary knowledge and skills in courses in the Support Core and General Education Core, including courses in communications, science, mathematics, humanities/behavioral/social science, and college and career success.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Support the data management needs of business through the design, implementation, and maintenance of relational databases.
- Collaborate with constituents to establish the information technology needs of a business and plan an appropriate solution and procurement strategy.
- Demonstrate the use of project management techniques within an appropriate system analysis and design life cycle framework to develop an information system.
- Solve a variety of business problems through the application of structured program analysis and design concepts.
- Apply ethical decision-making models in the information technology environment.
Common Occupations of Graduates
- Information Systems Analysts and Consultants
- Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers
- Computer Network Technicians
- Computer and Information Systems Managers
- 85.85% of recent graduates find employment
- Median Earnings: $57,055
- Earning Range: $42,023
Why Choose NAU?
Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor on day one, and will have an academic advisor after you enroll.
Transfer Credit Accepted
We offer free transfer evaluations and accept up to 75% of the program to transfer in from another institution/program.
Our Faculty members are skilled professionals that work in the fields they teach, bringing practical knowledge and experience into the online classroom.
National American University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
National American University is approved by the Higher Learning Commission to offer programs and courses through distance education.
National American University has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, KS, USA. The list of accredited business programs can be found on the IACBE website.
Program Completion Flexibility
As a standard, full-time student you can complete the program in as few as 15 months, however, you may choose your course load – take as many or as few classes at one time as you want.
Credit for Real-World Experience
Earn credit for prior learning which includes experiential learning or portfolio credits awarded by NAU, and evaluated corporate training certificates
Student Learning Resources
NAU offers multiple student learning services, from free tutoring, to our Ask-a-Librarian service (open 7 days a week), to free access to scholarly journals that are up-to-date in your field.
Ready for the Next Steps?
Learning online doesn't mean going it alone. Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor.