Online Bachelor of Science.
The online Bachelor of Science in Construction Management degree program helps students build knowledge in the diverse aspects of residential and commercial construction projects.
Construction Management (BS) coursework includes construction management fundamentals, safety, equipment operations, construction materials and handling, building codes, planning and scheduling, green building trends, technology, cost control, and construction law. This program enables students to develop deep insight on how to effectively manage and supervise projects, including key aspects like planning, controlling, scheduling, and monitoring the various phases.
Construction Management Major Core Courses
Students enrolled in the BS Construction Management program develop knowledge and skills in the following major core courses:
- Introduction to Construction Management
- Construction Materials and Methods I
- Construction Materials and Methods II
- Construction Documents and Graphics
- Building Codes and Inspection
- Construction Estimating I
- Construction Planning and Scheduling
- Construction Safety
- Construction Laws and Contracts
- Mechanical and Electrical Systems
- Construction Estimating II
- Productivity and Cost Control
- Construction Equipment Operations
- Advanced Construction Graphics
- Green Building Trends and Technology
- Construction Project Management and Administration
- Construction Management
Students develop other necessary knowledge and skills in courses in the Support Core and General Education Core, including courses in communications, science, mathematics, humanities/behavioral/social science, and college and career success.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Apply concepts, theories, and analytical methods pertinent to the construction management field.
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills by analyzing challenges and issues that construction management professionals are likely to encounter and recommend appropriate courses of action.
- Communicate effectively and in a professional manner.
Common Occupations of Graduates
- Construction Managers
- Construction Estimators
- Civil Engineering Technologists and Technicians
- 90.59% of recent graduates find employment
- Median Earnings: $66,313
- Earning Range: $54,889 – $78,287
Why Choose NAU?
Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor on day one, and will have an academic advisor after you enroll.
Transfer Credit Accepted
We offer free transfer evaluations and accept up to 75% of the program to transfer in from another institution/program.
Our Faculty members are skilled professionals that work in the fields they teach, bringing practical knowledge and experience into the online classroom.
Program Completion Flexibility
As a standard, full-time student you can complete the program in as few as 15 months, however, you may choose your course load – take as many or as few classes at one time as you want.
Credit for Real-World Experience
Earn credit for prior learning which includes experiential learning or portfolio credits awarded by NAU, and evaluated corporate training certificates
Student Learning Resources
NAU offers multiple student learning services, from free tutoring, to our Ask-a-Librarian service (open 7 days a week), to free access to scholarly journals that are up-to-date in your field.
Ready for the Next Steps?
Learning online doesn't mean going it alone. Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor.