Online Bachelor of Science.
The online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree program is designed to convey to students the knowledge base and strategic mindset that is requisite for career success in the field of business.
Business Administration (BS) coursework enables graduates of this program to be qualified for a wide range of career opportunities in for-profit and not-for-profit business organizations and governmental institutions. This program is also an excellent foundation for students who may wish to pursue a business-related graduate degree.
Business Administration Major Core Courses
Students enrolled in the BS Business Administration program develop knowledge and skills in the following major core courses:
- Principles of Accounting I
- Principles of Accounting II
- Principles of Accounting III
- Business Finance I
- Marketing Administration OR
- Introduction to Business
- Principles of Management
- Human Resource Management
- Managing Information Systems
- Business Ethics
- Business Review Lab
- Strategic Management
- Operations Management
Students develop other necessary knowledge and skills in courses in the Support Core and General Education Core, including courses in communications, science, mathematics, humanities/behavioral/social science, and college and career success.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Apply concepts, theories, and analytical methods in the functional areas of business.
- Analyze typical challenges that business decision makers are likely to face and recommend solutions, using critical thinking skills and ethical decision-making models.
- Demonstrate effective collaboration and teamwork skills.
Common Occupation of Graduates
- Financial Auditors and Accountants
- Corporate Sales Managers
- Business Development Officers and Marketing Researchers and Consultants
- Financial and Investment Analysts
- 89.93% of recent graduates find employment
- Median Earnings: $54,958
- Earning Range: $42,161 – $73,593
Why Choose NAU?
Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor on day one, and will have an academic advisor after you enroll.
Transfer Credit Accepted
We offer free transfer evaluations and accept up to 75% of the program to transfer in from another institution/program.
Our Faculty members are skilled professionals that work in the fields they teach, bringing practical knowledge and experience into the online classroom.
National American University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
National American University is approved by the Higher Learning Commission to offer programs and courses through distance education.
National American University has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kan., USA. The business programs in the following degrees are accredited by the IACBE:
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Management
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Management
- Associate of Applied Science in Accounting
- Associate of Applied Science in Business Administration
- Associate of Applied Science in Business Logistics
- Associate of Applied Science in Management
- Associate of Applied Science in Small Business Management
Program Completion Flexibility
As a standard, full-time student you can complete the program in as few as 15 months, however, you may choose your course load – take as many or as few classes at one time as you want.
Credit for Real-World Experience
Earn credit for prior learning which includes experiential learning or portfolio credits awarded by NAU, and evaluated corporate training certificates
Student Learning Resources
NAU offers multiple student learning services, from free tutoring, to our Ask-a-Librarian service (open 7 days a week), to free access to scholarly journals that are up-to-date in your field.
Ready for the Next Steps?
Learning online doesn't mean going it alone. Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor.