Online Bachelor of Science.
The Bachelor of Science in Accounting degree program provides learners with the opportunity to develop the skills, ethics, and technical knowledge required to enter the accounting profession in the public and private business sectors.
Accounting (BS) coursework prepares students to apply generally accepted accounting principles, managerial/cost accounting principles, auditing standards, and taxation practices. The program graduates lifelong learners who are prepared to be competent professionals and have the foundation to pursue graduate studies.
Accounting Major Core Courses
Students enrolled in the BS Accounting program develop knowledge and skills in the following major core courses:
- Intermediate Accounting I
- Intermediate Accounting II
- Intermediate Accounting III
- Cost Accounting
- Federal Income Tax I
- Federal Income Tax II
- Accounting Information Systems
- Accounting for Governmental Entities
- Advanced Accounting I
- Auditing I
- Auditing II
- Accounting Case Analysis
Support Core Courses
- Principles of Accounting I
- Principles of Accounting II
- Principles of Accounting III
- Business Finance I
- Business Law I
- Introduction to Business
- Principles of Management
- Business Ethics
- Business Review Lab
- Strategic Management
Students develop other necessary knowledge and skills in courses in the Support Core and General Education Core, including courses in communications, science, mathematics, humanities/behavioral/social science, and college and career success.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Analyze practical accounting problems and financial statements using critical thinking skills.
- Adhere to ethical guidelines governing the conduct of accountants.
- Demonstrate effective collaboration and teamwork skills.
Common Occupations of Graduates
- Financial Auditors and Accountants
- Accounting and Related Clerks
- Accounting Technicians and Bookkeepers
- 90.55% of recent graduates find employment
- Median Earnings: $57,877
- Earning Range: $44,379 – $75,414
*Source: Government of Canada – 2017-11-15
Why Choose NAU?
Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor on day one, and will have an academic advisor after you enroll.
Transfer Credit Accepted
We offer free transfer evaluations and accept up to 75% of the program to transfer in from another institution/program.
Our Faculty members are skilled professionals that work in the fields they teach, bringing practical knowledge and experience into the online classroom.
National American University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
National American University is approved by the Higher Learning Commission to offer programs and courses through distance education.
National American University has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kan., USA. The business programs in the following degrees are accredited by the IACBE:
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Management
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Management
- Associate of Applied Science in Accounting
- Associate of Applied Science in Business Administration
- Associate of Applied Science in Business Logistics
- Associate of Applied Science in Management
- Associate of Applied Science in Small Business Management
Program Completion Flexibility
As a standard, full-time student you can complete the program in as few as 15 months, however, you may choose your course load – take as many or as few classes at one time as you want.
Credit for Real-World Experience
Earn credit for prior learning which includes experiential learning or portfolio credits awarded by NAU, and evaluated corporate training certificates
Student Learning Resources
NAU offers multiple student learning services, from free tutoring, to our Ask-a-Librarian service (open 7 days a week), to free access to scholarly journals that are up-to-date in your field.
Ready for the Next Steps?
Learning online doesn't mean going it alone. Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor.