Online Associate of Applied Science
Small Business Management
The Associate of Applied Science in Small Business Management program is designed to meet the needs of those who are interested in pursuing a career in business or entrepreneurship.
Small Business Management Major Core Courses
- Principles of Accounting I
- Principles of Accounting II
- Macroeconomics OR
- Customer Service Relations
- Introduction to Business
- Principles of Management
- Franchising OR
- Accounting Software Applications
- Small Business Management Operations
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business
- Business Plan Development
- Business Management Capstone
Student Learning Outcomes
- Apply the introductory concepts, fundamental theories, and essential practices in accounting, economics, marketing, and management.
- Use current technology and computer applications in support of business administration.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Efficiently plan for a new business venture.
Why Choose NAU?
Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor on day one, and will have an academic advisor after you enroll.
Transfer Credit Accepted
We offer free transfer evaluations and accept up to 75% of the program to transfer in from another institution/program.
Our Faculty members are skilled professionals that work in the fields they teach, bringing practical knowledge and experience into the online classroom.
Program Completion Flexibility
As a standard, full-time student you can complete the program in as few as 15 months, however, you may choose your course load – take as many or as few classes at one time as you want.
Credit for Real-World Experience
Earn credit for prior learning which includes experiential learning or portfolio credits awarded by NAU, and evaluated corporate training certificates
Student Learning Resources
NAU offers multiple student learning services, from free tutoring, to our Ask-a-Librarian service (open 7 days a week), to free access to scholarly journals that are up-to-date in your field.
Ready for the Next Steps?
Learning online doesn't mean going it alone. Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor.