Online Associate of Applied Science.
The Associate of Applied Science in Information Technology program is designed to meet the needs of those who are interested in pursuing a career in the IT field.The program is designed for easy transfer into the bachelor’s degree program.
Information Technology (AAS) coursework provides education for various entry-level positions in the information systems field. Students are encouraged to work with their advisor to design a program in their area of interest, which may be in programming, database administration, Microsoft networking or software applications. Graduates may qualify for positions as computer operators, programmers or database administrators.
Information Technology Major Core Courses
Students enrolled in the AAS Information Technology program develop knowledge and skills in the following major core courses:
- Computer Concepts
- Principles of Programming
- Introduction to Database
- Internetworking Fundamentals
- Introduction to Computer Security
- Website and Web Application Design
- Introduction to Business
Students develop other necessary knowledge and skills in courses in the Support Core and General Education Core, including courses in communications, science, mathematics, humanities/behavioral/social science, and college and career success.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Support the data management needs of business through the design, implementation, and maintenance of relational databases.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the fundamental information technology skills required to provide user support in business.
- Administer a network infrastructure designed to support management and production functions in business or industry.
- Implement and maintain computer-based information systems to support the decision-making function of management.
Common Occupations of Graduates
- Computer Network Technician
- Computer programmers / Interactive Media
- Information Systems Analyst & Consultants
- User Support Technicians
- 87.13% of recent graduates find employment
- Median Earnings: $47,539
- Earnings Range: $35,930 – $62,126
*Source: Government of Canada – 2017-11-15
Why Choose NAU?
Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor on day one, and will have an academic advisor after you enroll.
Transfer Credit Accepted
We offer free transfer evaluations and accept up to 75% of the program to transfer in from another institution/program.
Our Faculty members are skilled professionals that work in the fields they teach, bringing practical knowledge and experience into the online classroom.
Program Completion Flexibility
As a standard, full-time student you can complete the program in as few as 15 months, however, you may choose your course load – take as many or as few classes at one time as you want.
Credit for Real-World Experience
Earn credit for prior learning which includes experiential learning or portfolio credits awarded by NAU, and evaluated corporate training certificates
Student Learning Resources
NAU offers multiple student learning services, from free tutoring, to our Ask-a-Librarian service (open 7 days a week), to free access to scholarly journals that are up-to-date in your field.
Ready for the Next Steps?
Learning online doesn't mean going it alone. Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor.