Associate of Applied Science
The Associate of Applied Science in Accounting program provides specialized education for various entry-level positions in the accounting profession.
Accounting Major Core Courses
Students enrolled in the AAS Accounting program develop knowledge and skills in the following major core courses:
- Principles of Accounting I
- Principles of Accounting II
- Principles of Accounting III
- Accounting Software Applications
- Intermediate Accounting I
- Intermediate Accounting II
- Intermediate Accounting III
- Accounting Topics and Issues
Students develop other necessary knowledge and skills in courses in the Support Core and General Education Core, including courses in communications, science, mathematics, humanities/behavioral/social science, and college and career success.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Apply accepted accounting principles to routine financial accounting activities.
- Update and maintain accounting records to ensure accurate financial reporting.
Common Occupations of Graduates
- Financial Auditors and Accountants
- Accounting and related clerks
- Accounting Technicians and Bookkeepers
- 81.86% find employment
- Median Earnings: $40,072
- Earning Range: $30,943 – $51,181
*Source: Government of Canada – 2017-11-15
Why Choose NAU?
Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor on day one, and will have an academic advisor after you enroll.
Transfer Credit Accepted
We offer free transfer evaluations and accept up to 75% of the program to transfer in from another institution/program.
Our Faculty members are skilled professionals that work in the fields they teach, bringing practical knowledge and experience into the online classroom.
Program Completion Flexibility
As a standard, full-time student you can complete the program in as few as 15 months, however, you may choose your course load – take as many or as few classes at one time as you want.
Credit for Real-World Experience
Earn credit for prior learning which includes experiential learning or portfolio credits awarded by NAU, and evaluated corporate training certificates
Student Learning Resources
NAU offers multiple student learning services, from free tutoring, to our Ask-a-Librarian service (open 7 days a week), to free access to scholarly journals that are up-to-date in your field.
Ready for the Next Steps?
Learning online doesn't mean going it alone. Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor.