Online Master of Science.
Human Resources Management
The online Master of Science, Emphasis: Human Resources Management (MSHRM) degree program positions graduates to develop and manage effective human resources strategies, manage cross-functional activities, and enable organizations to realize the full potential and capabilities of its human capital.
Human Resources Management (MS) coursework focuses on human resource management issues in areas such as human resources strategies for a global marketplace, employment and labor law relations, employee evaluation, training, development and analysis for HR professionals.
Human Resources Management (MS) Core Courses
The MSHRM degree program consists of nine (9) core courses and one capstone course for a total of 45.0 credit hours:
- Global Organizational Behavior
- Training and Development in Human Resource Management
- Analysis for HR Professionals
- Employee Evaluation and Compensation
- Budget and Resource Allocation Strategies for Human Resources
- Employment and Labor Law
- International Employee and Labor Relations
- Global Workforce Planning and Recruitment
- Human Resource Technology Solutions
- Research Capstone for Global Human Resource Managers
Student Learning Outcomes
- Develop effective human resources strategies that align with organizational goals, mission and vision.
- Perform financial analysis to support human resource management decision strategies.
- Evaluate human resource management decisions using employment and labor laws and ethical guidelines.
- Recommend the adoption of human resources technology solutions across the entire organization.
- Complete an action research project in the human resources field to demonstrate acquired knowledge and skills.
What happens to people who study Human resources management and services at the Master’s degree level in Canada?
- 22% of recent graduates find employment
- Median Earnings: $74,591
- Earning Range: $52,850 – $93,891
Common Occupations for Graduates
- Human Resources and Recruitment Officers
- Human Resources Managers
- Administrative Officers
- General Office Support Workers
Why Choose NAU?
Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor on day one, and will have an academic advisor after you enroll.
Transfer Credit Accepted
We offer free transfer evaluations and accept up to 75% of the program to transfer in from another institution/program.
Our Faculty members are skilled professionals that work in the fields they teach, bringing practical knowledge and experience into the online classroom.
Program Completion Flexibility
As a standard, full-time student you can complete the program in as few as 15 months, however, you may choose your course load – take as many or as few classes at one time as you want.
Credit for Real-World Experience
Earn credit for prior learning which includes experiential learning or portfolio credits awarded by NAU, and evaluated corporate training certificates
Student Learning Resources
NAU offers multiple student learning services, from free tutoring, to our Ask-a-Librarian service (open 7 days a week), to free access to scholarly journals that are up-to-date in your field.
Ready for the Next Steps?
Learning online doesn't mean going it alone. Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor.