Online Masters of Management.
Emphasis: Information Technology Management
Graduates of the online Masters of Management, Emphasis: Information Technology Management degree program explores both technology and management issues related to Computer Security Risk Assessment and Management to protect information assets.
Information Technology Management (MM) coursework enables students to evaluate and communicate plans for effective use of information technology within organizations. Students will learn to assess risks and recommend solutions to minimize the effects of threats to a company’s technology system.
Information Technology (MM) Core Courses
Students who select this option must complete the MM core courses and three (3) of the following electives:
- Computer Security
- Risk Assessment and Analysis
- Critical Infrastructure Control System Security
- Computer Forensics and Incident Handling
- Foundations of Security (Security+) (E)
- Advanced Security Practices and Risk Management (CISSP) (E)
Student Learning Outcomes
- Assess risks and recommend solutions to minimize the effects of threats to a company’s technology system.
- Evaluate and communicate plans for effective use of information technology within organizations.
What happens to people who study Other computer and information sciences and support at the Master’s degree level in Canada?
- 86.68% of recent graduates find employment
- Median Earnings: $68,911
- Earning Range: $52,609 – $93,568
Common Occupations for Graduates in Information Technology
- Information Systems Analysts and Consultants
- Computer and Information Systems Managers
- Software Engineers and Designers
- Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers
Source: Government of Canada 2017-11-15
Why Choose NAU?
Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor on day one, and will have an academic advisor after you enroll.
Transfer Credit Accepted
We offer free transfer evaluations and accept up to 75% of the program to transfer in from another institution/program.
Our Faculty members are skilled professionals that work in the fields they teach, bringing practical knowledge and experience into the online classroom.
Program Completion Flexibility
As a standard, full-time student you can complete the program in as few as 15 months, however, you may choose your course load – take as many or as few classes at one time as you want.
Credit for Real-World Experience
Earn credit for prior learning which includes experiential learning or portfolio credits awarded by NAU, and evaluated corporate training certificates
Student Learning Resources
NAU offers multiple student learning services, from free tutoring, to our Ask-a-Librarian service (open 7 days a week), to free access to scholarly journals that are up-to-date in your field.
Ready for the Next Steps?
Learning online doesn't mean going it alone. Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor.