Online Master of Management.
Emphasis: Higher Education
Graduates of the online Master of Management, Emphasis: Higher Education degree program will learn how to create an effective learning environment with a diverse population of students utilizing communication, student engagement, and classroom management strategies.
Higher Education (MM) coursework will encourage students to refine their teaching skills and design learner centered curriculum in order to create an effective learning environment for diverse student populations.
Higher Education (MM) Core Courses
- Introduction to Leadership and Quality
- Managing Human Resources
- History and Emerging Issues of American Higher Education
- Contemporary College Student Retention and Learner Services
- Legal and Regulatory Environment for Higher Education
- Higher Education Analytics
- Strategy and Policy in Higher Education
Three Higher Education (MM) Electives:
- Foundations of Teaching and Learning
- Curriculum Design, Development and Assessment of Student Learning
Student Learning Outcomes
- Refine their teaching skills and design learner centered curriculum in order to create an effective learning environment for diverse student populations.
Common Occupations of Graduates
- School Principal & Administration
- Secondary School Teachers
- College and Vocational Instructors
- Education Policy Researcher
Why Choose NAU?
Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor on day one, and will have an academic advisor after you enroll.
Transfer Credit Accepted
We offer free transfer evaluations and accept up to 75% of the program to transfer in from another institution/program.
Our Faculty members are skilled professionals that work in the fields they teach, bringing practical knowledge and experience into the online classroom.
Program Completion Flexibility
As a standard, full-time student you can complete the program in as few as 15 months, however, you may choose your course load – take as many or as few classes at one time as you want.
Credit for Real-World Experience
Earn credit for prior learning which includes experiential learning or portfolio credits awarded by NAU, and evaluated corporate training certificates
Student Learning Resources
NAU offers multiple student learning services, from free tutoring, to our Ask-a-Librarian service (open 7 days a week), to free access to scholarly journals that are up-to-date in your field.
Ready for the Next Steps?
Learning online doesn't mean going it alone. Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor.