Online Master of Business Administration.
Graduates of the online Master of Business Administration, Emphasis: Accounting degree program will evaluate anti-fraud deterrents, controls and the fraud examination plan for an organization’s accounting systems and processes to be able to recommend improvements.
Accounting (MBA) coursework focuses on different types of business and occupational frauds, including asset misappropriation, corruption, and fraudulent statements (financial statement fraud).
Accounting (MBA) Core Courses
Completion of this emphasis focuses the student’s preparation in order to pursue or expand a career in the accounting field. Students who select this option must complete the MBA core courses and complete three (3) of the following electives:
- Forensic Accounting and Fraud Examination
- Accounting Ethics
- Accounting Information Systems and Computer Related Fraud
- Auditing and Information Assurance
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students delve in depth into current issues facing the accounting profession today including business ethics, financial reporting, and fraud investigation.
- Students will research laws that relate to fraud; anti-fraud deterrent, controls, and countermeasures; and fraud examination procedures and techniques.
- Students will explore the various ways that computers can be used to conduct fraudulent activities including Internet and e-commerce fraud, money laundering, and identity theft.
Why Choose NAU?
Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor on day one, and will have an academic advisor after you enroll.
Transfer Credit Accepted
We offer free transfer evaluations and accept up to 75% of the program to transfer in from another institution/program.
Our Faculty members are skilled professionals that work in the fields they teach, bringing practical knowledge and experience into the online classroom.
Program Completion Flexibility
As a standard, full-time student you can complete the program in as few as 15 months, however, you may choose your course load – take as many or as few classes at one time as you want.
Credit for Real-World Experience
Earn credit for prior learning which includes experiential learning or portfolio credits awarded by NAU, and evaluated corporate training certificates
Student Learning Resources
NAU offers multiple student learning services, from free tutoring, to our Ask-a-Librarian service (open 7 days a week), to free access to scholarly journals that are up-to-date in your field.
Ready for the Next Steps?
Learning online doesn't mean going it alone. Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor.