Canada Student Loans
The Government of Canada offers students financial assistance to make it easier to earn a post-secondary degree. NAU Canada Online is listed on the International Master List of Designated Educational Institutions under National American University (code MPDZ).
When you apply and qualify for student financial assistance, you are automatically assessed for Canada Student Loans and Canada Student Grants. Government student loans are based on your assessed financial need. Canada Student Loan amounts and eligibility are determined by the student’s province or territory.
Eligibility For Canada Student Loans:
- Must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or designated as a protected person;
- Must be a permanent resident of a province or territory that issues Canada Student Loans (Note: The Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Quebec operate their own student loan programs. Contact your provincial or territorial student financial assistance office for more information);
- Must demonstrate financial need;
- Must be enrolled in at least 60 percent of a full course load (40 percent for students with permanent disabilities) if you are a full-time student;
- Must be enrolled in 20-59 percent of a full course load if you are a part-time student (if you are a student with permanent disabilities and you are studying between 40-59 percent of a full course load, you can choose to be considered a student in full or part-time studies);
- Must be enrolled in a degree, diploma or certificate program offered by a designated post-secondary school that runs for at least 12 weeks within a 15-week period;
- Must pass a credit check if you are over the age of 22 and are applying for your first Canada Student Loan; and
- Must not have exhausted your maximum lifetime limit for financial assistance (including interest-free status).
Information about Canada student loan opportunities in various provinces:
Alberta – Student Aid Alberta
British Columbia – Student Aid BC
Manitoba – Manitoba Student Aid
New Brunswick – Student Financial Services
Newfoundland and Labrador Student Financial Assistance
Northwest Territories – Student Financial Assistance
Nova Scotia – NS Student Assistance
Nunavut – Financial Aid for Nunavut Students
Ontario – Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP)
Prince Edward Island – Student Financial Assistance
Quebec – Financial Aid for Students
Saskatchewan – Student Financial Assistance
Yukon – Student Financial Assistance
Why Choose NAU?
Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor on day one, and will have an academic advisor after you enroll.
Transfer Credit Accepted
We offer free transfer evaluations and accept up to 75% of the program to transfer in from another institution/program.
Our Faculty members are skilled professionals that work in the fields they teach, bringing practical knowledge and experience into the online classroom.
National American University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
National American University is approved by the Higher Learning Commission to offer programs and courses through distance education.
National American University has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kan., USA. The business programs in the following degrees are accredited by the IACBE:
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Management
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Management
- Associate of Applied Science in Accounting
- Associate of Applied Science in Business Administration
- Associate of Applied Science in Business Logistics
- Associate of Applied Science in Management
- Associate of Applied Science in Small Business Management
Program Completion Flexibility
As a standard, full-time student you can complete the program in as few as 15 months, however, you may choose your course load – take as many or as few classes at one time as you want.
Credit for Real-World Experience
Earn credit for prior learning which includes experiential learning or portfolio credits awarded by NAU, and evaluated corporate training certificates
Student Learning Resources
NAU offers multiple student learning services, from free tutoring, to our Ask-a-Librarian service (open 7 days a week), to free access to scholarly journals that are up-to-date in your field.
Ready for the Next Steps?
Learning online doesn't mean going it alone. Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor.