Online Bachelor of Science.
emphasis: Web Development
The online Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Emphasis: Web Development degree program is intended for the information technology student who wants to develop skills in website design and development.
Information Technology; Emphasis: Web Development (BS) coursework examines the issues and challenges of creating and maintaining websites, interface usability, and how to maximize the effects that websites have on public and private companies, government and municipal agencies, and nonprofit organizations. As with all information technology degrees, a wide range of job opportunities are available.
Web Development Emphasis Core Courses
Students enrolled in the BS Information Technology; Emphasis: Web Development program develop knowledge and skills in the following major core courses:
- Database Design and Management
- Web Design and Programming
- Client Side Scripting and Open Communications
- Server-Side Applications with PHP and MySQL
- Designing User Interfaces & Multimedia
- Responsive Web Development
Students develop other necessary knowledge and skills in courses in the Support Core and General Education Core, including courses in communications, science, mathematics, humanities/behavioral/social science, and college and career success.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Support the data management needs of business through the design, implementation, and maintenance of relational databases.
- Collaborate with constituents to establish the information technology needs of a business and plan an appropriate solution and procurement strategy.
- Demonstrate the use of project management techniques within an appropriate system analysis and design life cycle framework to develop an information system.
- Solve a variety of business problems through the application of structured program analysis and design concepts.
- Apply ethical decision-making models in the information technology environment.
- Demonstrate the technical skills required of web developers.
Why Choose NAU?
Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor on day one, and will have an academic advisor after you enroll.
Transfer Credit Accepted
We offer free transfer evaluations and accept up to 75% of the program to transfer in from another institution/program.
Our Faculty members are skilled professionals that work in the fields they teach, bringing practical knowledge and experience into the online classroom.
Program Completion Flexibility
As a standard, full-time student you can complete the program in as few as 15 months, however, you may choose your course load – take as many or as few classes at one time as you want.
Credit for Real-World Experience
Earn credit for prior learning which includes experiential learning or portfolio credits awarded by NAU, and evaluated corporate training certificates
Student Learning Resources
NAU offers multiple student learning services, from free tutoring, to our Ask-a-Librarian service (open 7 days a week), to free access to scholarly journals that are up-to-date in your field.
Ready for the Next Steps?
Learning online doesn't mean going it alone. Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor.