Online Bachelor of Science.
Information Technology; Emphasis: Network Management, Microsoft
The online Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, emphasis Network Management (Microsoft) provides the student with an in-depth knowledge of network design and operation.
Information Technology; Emphasis: Network Management (BS) coursework provides students the necessary skills to manage and provide technical support for a computer network. The focus is on Microsoft networking and prepares students for the Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Enterprise Administrator exams.
Network Management/Microsoft Emphasis Core Courses
Students enrolled in the BS Information Technology; Emphasis: Network Management program develop knowledge and skills in the following major core courses:
- Windows Operating Systems and Server Administration Fundamentals
- Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
- Administering Windows Server 2012
- Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services
- Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure
- Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure
- Risk Assessment and Analysis OR Elective
Students develop other necessary knowledge and skills in courses in the Support Core and General Education Core, including courses in communications, science, mathematics, humanities/behavioral/social science, and college and career success.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Support the data management needs of business through the design, implementation, and maintenance of relational databases.
- Collaborate with constituents to establish the information technology needs of a business and plan an appropriate solution and procurement strategy.
- Demonstrate the use of project management techniques within an appropriate system analysis and design lifecycle frameworks to develop an information system.
- Solve a variety of business problems through the application of structured program analysis and design concepts.
- Apply ethical decision-making models in the information technology environment.
- Design, implement and manage a network infrastructure to support management and production functions in business or industry.
Why Choose NAU?
Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor on day one, and will have an academic advisor after you enroll.
Transfer Credit Accepted
We offer free transfer evaluations and accept up to 75% of the program to transfer in from another institution/program.
Our Faculty members are skilled professionals that work in the fields they teach, bringing practical knowledge and experience into the online classroom.
Program Completion Flexibility
As a standard, full-time student you can complete the program in as few as 15 months, however, you may choose your course load – take as many or as few classes at one time as you want.
Credit for Real-World Experience
Earn credit for prior learning which includes experiential learning or portfolio credits awarded by NAU, and evaluated corporate training certificates
Student Learning Resources
NAU offers multiple student learning services, from free tutoring, to our Ask-a-Librarian service (open 7 days a week), to free access to scholarly journals that are up-to-date in your field.
Ready for the Next Steps?
Learning online doesn't mean going it alone. Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor.