Online Bachelor of Science.
Emphasis: Management Information Systems
The Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, emphasis Management Information Systems enables graduates to understand information technology and its impact upon modern business operation has never been greater.
Information Technology; Emphasis: Management Information Systems (BS) coursework focuses on the study and use of information systems in business organizations to support operations and help the firm to realize its strategic objectives. Students in the program will acquire a broad range of knowledge and skills in the field of IT related to computer hardware, operating systems, databases, networks, computer security, and more.
Management Information Systems Emphasis Core Courses
Students enrolled in the BS Information Technology; Emphasis: Management Information Systems program develop knowledge and skills in the major core courses.
Students develop other necessary knowledge and skills in courses in the Support Core and General Education Core, including courses in communications, science, mathematics, humanities/behavioral/social science, and college and career success.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Support the data management needs of business through the design, implementation, and maintenance of relational databases.
- Collaborate with constituents to establish the information technology needs of a business and plan an appropriate solution and procurement strategy.
- Demonstrate the use of project management techniques within an appropriate system analysis and design life cycle framework to develop an information system.
- Solve a variety of business problems through the application of structured program analysis and design concepts.
- Apply ethical decision-making models in the information technology environment.
Why Choose NAU?
Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor on day one, and will have an academic advisor after you enroll.
Transfer Credit Accepted
We offer free transfer evaluations and accept up to 75% of the program to transfer in from another institution/program.
Our Faculty members are skilled professionals that work in the fields they teach, bringing practical knowledge and experience into the online classroom.
Program Completion Flexibility
As a standard, full-time student you can complete the program in as few as 15 months, however, you may choose your course load – take as many or as few classes at one time as you want.
Credit for Real-World Experience
Earn credit for prior learning which includes experiential learning or portfolio credits awarded by NAU, and evaluated corporate training certificates
Student Learning Resources
NAU offers multiple student learning services, from free tutoring, to our Ask-a-Librarian service (open 7 days a week), to free access to scholarly journals that are up-to-date in your field.
Ready for the Next Steps?
Learning online doesn't mean going it alone. Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor.