Online Bachelor of Science.
The online Bachelor of Science in Energy Management degree program equips students to meet industry challenges by imparting to them a well-rounded knowledge in the energy management field.
Energy Management (BS) coursework will provide the opportunity for them to acquire job-relevant knowledge and skills in areas such as accounting, finance, human resource management, energy policy, and sustainability principles.
Energy Management Major Core Courses
Students enrolled in the BS Energy Management program develop knowledge and skills in the following major core courses:
- Financial Accounting for Managers
- Business Finance I
- Introduction to Business
- Principles of Management
- Energy Management
- Energy Policy
- Introduction to Leadership and Quality OR Elective
- Managing Human Resources OR
- Human Resource Management
- International Business OR
- Management Across Cultures
- Advanced Concepts in Sustainability
- Energy Management Capstone
Students develop other necessary knowledge and skills in courses in the Support Core and General Education Core, including courses in communications, science, mathematics, humanities/behavioral/social science, and college and career success.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Apply concepts, theories, and analytical methods pertinent to the field of energy management.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills and problem-solving skills by analyzing issues and challenges that energy management professionals are likely to face and recommend solutions.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the social and ethical responsibilities within energy management positions.
Common Occupations of Graduates
- Natural and Applied Science Policy Researchers, Consultants and Program Officers
- Inspectors in Public and Environmental Health and Occupational Health and Safety
- Urban and Land Use Planners
- Forestry Professionals
- 34% of recent graduates find employment
- Median Earnings: $53,487
- Earnings Range: $37,287 – $68,282
Why Choose NAU?
Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor on day one, and will have an academic advisor after you enroll.
Transfer Credit Accepted
We offer free transfer evaluations and accept up to 75% of the program to transfer in from another institution/program.
Our Faculty members are skilled professionals that work in the fields they teach, bringing practical knowledge and experience into the online classroom.
Program Completion Flexibility
As a standard, full-time student you can complete the program in as few as 15 months, however, you may choose your course load – take as many or as few classes at one time as you want.
Credit for Real-World Experience
Earn credit for prior learning which includes experiential learning or portfolio credits awarded by NAU, and evaluated corporate training certificates
Student Learning Resources
NAU offers multiple student learning services, from free tutoring, to our Ask-a-Librarian service (open 7 days a week), to free access to scholarly journals that are up-to-date in your field.
Ready for the Next Steps?
Learning online doesn't mean going it alone. Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor.