Online Bachelor of Science.
Emphasis: Tourism and Hospitality Management
The online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Emphasis: Tourism degree program prepares graduates to seek management positions in tourism and hospitality organizations that provide services and products to those who are away from home.
Business Administration; Emphasis: Tourism (BS) coursework combines business and specialty coursework to prepare graduates for management positions in private and public sector organizations. Students will apply the principal concepts, theories, practices, and interrelationships in management accounting, financial accounting, marketing, finance, and management of tourism and hospitality management.
Please note: This program is not eligible for financial assistance.
Tourism and Hospitality Emphasis Core Courses
Students enrolled in the BS Business Administration; Emphasis: Tourism program develop knowledge and skills in the following major core courses:
- Introduction to Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Event and Convention Management
- Destination Tourism
- Food Service and Lodging Management
- Tourism and Hospitality Marketing
- Internship OR Elective
Students develop other necessary knowledge and skills in courses in the Support Core and General Education Core, including courses in communications, science, mathematics, humanities/behavioral/social science, and college and career success.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Apply concepts and principles related to the international dimensions of business.
- Apply decision-support tools to business decision making.
- Communicate effectively and in a professional manner.
- Analyze typical challenges that managers are likely to face and recommend solutions using critical thinking skills and ethical decision-making models.
- Apply marketing concepts to the tourism and hospitality industry.
Common Occupations of Graduates
- Restaurant and Food Service Managers
- Hotel Front Desk Clerks
- Hotel Management
- Travel Counselors
- 86.46% of recent graduates find employment
- Median Earnings: $41,001
- Earning Range: $31,446 – $53,361
Why Choose NAU?
Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor on day one, and will have an academic advisor after you enroll.
Transfer Credit Accepted
We offer free transfer evaluations and accept up to 75% of the program to transfer in from another institution/program.
Our Faculty members are skilled professionals that work in the fields they teach, bringing practical knowledge and experience into the online classroom.
Program Completion Flexibility
As a standard, full-time student you can complete the program in as few as 15 months, however, you may choose your course load – take as many or as few classes at one time as you want.
Credit for Real-World Experience
Earn credit for prior learning which includes experiential learning or portfolio credits awarded by NAU, and evaluated corporate training certificates
Student Learning Resources
NAU offers multiple student learning services, from free tutoring, to our Ask-a-Librarian service (open 7 days a week), to free access to scholarly journals that are up-to-date in your field.
Ready for the Next Steps?
Learning online doesn't mean going it alone. Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor.