Online Bachelor of Science.
Emphasis: Management Information Systems
The online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Emphasis: Management Information System degree program will help you learn the skills needed to handle the challenges of managing an organization’s information resources.
Business Administration; Emphasis: Management Information Systems (BS) coursework will enable you to leverage technology to create innovative solutions focused on your internal customers.
Management Information Systems Emphasis Core Courses
Students enrolled in the BS Business Administration; Emphasis: Management Information Systems program develop knowledge and skills in the following major core courses:
- Computer Concepts
- Principles of Programming
- Introduction to Database
- Intermediate Project Management
- Project Management
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Visual Basic
- C# Programming
- Database Design and Management
- Website and Web Application Design
Students develop other necessary knowledge and skills in courses in the Support Core and General Education Core, including courses in communications, science, mathematics, humanities/behavioral/social science, and college and career success.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Apply the principal concepts, theories, practices, and interrelationships in management accounting, financial accounting, marketing, finance, and management.
- Apply concepts and principles related to the international dimensions of business.
- Apply decision-support tools to business decision making.
- Communicate effectively and in a professional manner.
- Analyze typical challenges that managers are likely to face and recommend solutions using critical thinking skills and ethical decision-making models.
- Apply effective problem-solving methodology within an MIS context.
- Provide and effectively communicate MIS solutions to meet organizational needs and address organizational issues.
Common Occupations of Graduates
- Information Systems Analysts and Consultants
- Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers
- Computer Network Technicians
- Computer and Information Systems Managers
- 85.85% of recent graduates find employment
- Median Earnings: $57,055
- Earning Range: $42,023
Source: Government of Canada -2017-11-15
Why Choose NAU?
Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor on day one, and will have an academic advisor after you enroll.
Transfer Credit Accepted
We offer free transfer evaluations and accept up to 75% of the program to transfer in from another institution/program.
Our Faculty members are skilled professionals that work in the fields they teach, bringing practical knowledge and experience into the online classroom.
Program Completion Flexibility
As a standard, full-time student you can complete the program in as few as 15 months, however, you may choose your course load – take as many or as few classes at one time as you want.
Credit for Real-World Experience
Earn credit for prior learning which includes experiential learning or portfolio credits awarded by NAU, and evaluated corporate training certificates
Student Learning Resources
NAU offers multiple student learning services, from free tutoring, to our Ask-a-Librarian service (open 7 days a week), to free access to scholarly journals that are up-to-date in your field.
Ready for the Next Steps?
Learning online doesn't mean going it alone. Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor.