Online Bachelor of Science.
Emphasis: Human Resources
The online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Emphasis: Human Resources Management degree program is designed for students who have an interest in the human resource management functions of business organizations.
The Business Administration; Emphasis: Human Resources Management (BS) coursework explores the broad human resource activities required to attract, maintain and develop an effective workforce, including strategic planning, recruitment and selection, training and development, appraising employee performance and compensation, and benefits administration. This program also includes a review of recent laws, court decisions, new technologies, and social forces that make human resource management a rapidly evolving industry. In addition, this program of study encourages students to develop a strategic mindset in the context of human resource management policies and practices and empowers them to become effective decision-makers in this specialized field of business management.
Human Resource Management Emphasis Core Courses
Students enrolled in the BS Business Administration; Emphasis: Human Resources Management program develop knowledge and skills in the following major core courses:
- Employee Evaluation and Compensation
- Compensation and Benefits
- Employee and Labor Relations
- Employment Law
- Training and Development
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Human Resource Management Internship
- Human Resource Management Action Research Project
Students develop other necessary knowledge and skills in courses in the Support Core and General Education Core, including courses in communications, science, mathematics, humanities/behavioral/social science, and college and career success.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Apply concepts, theories, and analytical methods in the functional areas of business.
- Analyze typical challenges that business decision makers are likely to face and recommend solutions, using critical thinking skills and ethical decision making models.
- Demonstrate effective collaboration and teamwork skills.
- Analyze human resource management issues from a strategic perspective.
Common Occupations of Graduates
- Human Resources and Recruitment Officers
- Human Resources Managers
- Administrative Officers
- General Office Support Workers
- 22% of recent graduates find employment
- Median Earnings: $49,544
- Earning Range: $39,299 – $64,275
Why Choose NAU?
Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor on day one, and will have an academic advisor after you enroll.
Transfer Credit Accepted
We offer free transfer evaluations and accept up to 75% of the program to transfer in from another institution/program.
Our Faculty members are skilled professionals that work in the fields they teach, bringing practical knowledge and experience into the online classroom.
Program Completion Flexibility
As a standard, full-time student you can complete the program in as few as 15 months, however, you may choose your course load – take as many or as few classes at one time as you want.
Credit for Real-World Experience
Earn credit for prior learning which includes experiential learning or portfolio credits awarded by NAU, and evaluated corporate training certificates
Student Learning Resources
NAU offers multiple student learning services, from free tutoring, to our Ask-a-Librarian service (open 7 days a week), to free access to scholarly journals that are up-to-date in your field.
Ready for the Next Steps?
Learning online doesn't mean going it alone. Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor.