Online Bachelor of Science.
Emphasis: Financial Management
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, emphasis Financial Management is designed for business students who have a particular interest in the field of finance.
Business Administration; Emphasis: Financial Management (BS) coursework prepares students for a wide range of career opportunities in areas such as banking, financial planning, and insurance, the program is also an excellent foundation for students who may wish to pursue a business-related graduate degree.
Financial Management Emphasis Core Courses
Students enrolled in the BS Business Administration; Emphasis: Financial Management program develop knowledge and skills in the following major core courses:
- Business Finance II
- Investments and Portfolio Management
- Corporate Investment Decisions
- Risk Management and Insurance
- Financial Statement Analysis
- International Financial Management
- Financial Institutions and Markets
- Financial Case Analysis
- Finance Internship
Students develop other necessary knowledge and skills in courses in the Support Core and General Education Core, including courses in communications, science, mathematics, humanities/behavioral/social science, and college and career success.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Apply concepts, theories, and analytical methods in the functional areas of business.
- Analyze typical challenges that business decision makers are likely to face and recommend solutions, using critical thinking skills and ethical decision-making models.
- Demonstrate effective collaboration and teamwork skills.
- Conduct detailed analyses using the financial statements of a business.
Common Occupations for Graduates
- Financial Officers
- Financial and Investment Analysts
- Banking, Credit and other Investment Managers
- Securities Agents, Investment Dealers, and Brokers
- 91.15% of recent graduates find employment
- Median Earnings: $58,199
- Earning Range: $42,585
Source: Government of Canada 2017-11-15
Why Choose NAU?
Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor on day one, and will have an academic advisor after you enroll.
Transfer Credit Accepted
We offer free transfer evaluations and accept up to 75% of the program to transfer in from another institution/program.
Our Faculty members are skilled professionals that work in the fields they teach, bringing practical knowledge and experience into the online classroom.
Program Completion Flexibility
As a standard, full-time student you can complete the program in as few as 15 months, however, you may choose your course load – take as many or as few classes at one time as you want.
Credit for Real-World Experience
Earn credit for prior learning which includes experiential learning or portfolio credits awarded by NAU, and evaluated corporate training certificates
Student Learning Resources
NAU offers multiple student learning services, from free tutoring, to our Ask-a-Librarian service (open 7 days a week), to free access to scholarly journals that are up-to-date in your field.
Ready for the Next Steps?
Learning online doesn't mean going it alone. Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor.