Online Bachelor of Science.
Business Administration; Emphasis: Accounting
The Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Accounting prepares students for various management positions which also have responsibilities in budgeting and financial management.
Business Administration with an emphasis in Accounting provides the student with a strong background in financial accounting and budgeting as well as preparing the student for a career in management.
Please Note: This option does not prepare the student for the Certified Public Accountant Examination.
Accounting Emphasis Core Courses
Students enrolled in the BS Business Administration; Emphasis: Accounting program develop knowledge and skills in the following major core courses:
- Intermediate Accounting I
- Intermediate Accounting II
- Intermediate Accounting III
- Federal Income Tax I
- Federal Income Tax II
- Accounting Information Systems
Students develop other necessary knowledge and skills in courses in the Support Core and General Education Core, including courses in communications, science, mathematics, humanities/behavioral/social science, and college and career success.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Apply the principal concepts, theories, practices, and interrelationships in management accounting, financial accounting, marketing, finance, and management.
- Apply concepts and principles related to the international dimensions of business.
- Apply decision-support tools to business decision making.
- Communicate effectively and in a professional manner.
- Analyze typical challenges that managers are likely to face and recommend solutions, using critical thinking skills and ethical decision-making models.
- Apply generally accepted accounting principles to financial accounting activities.
- Apply the major concepts and practices in accounting information systems.
Common Occupations of Graduates
- Financial Auditors and Accountants
- Accounting and Related Clerks
- Accounting Technicians and Bookkeepers
- 90.55% of recent graduates find employment
- Median Earnings: $57,877
- Earning Range: $44,379 – $75,414
Source: Government of Canada 2017-11-15
Why Choose NAU?
Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor on day one, and will have an academic advisor after you enroll.
Transfer Credit Accepted
We offer free transfer evaluations and accept up to 75% of the program to transfer in from another institution/program.
Our Faculty members are skilled professionals that work in the fields they teach, bringing practical knowledge and experience into the online classroom.
Program Completion Flexibility
As a standard, full-time student you can complete the program in as few as 15 months, however, you may choose your course load – take as many or as few classes at one time as you want.
Credit for Real-World Experience
Earn credit for prior learning which includes experiential learning or portfolio credits awarded by NAU, and evaluated corporate training certificates
Student Learning Resources
NAU offers multiple student learning services, from free tutoring, to our Ask-a-Librarian service (open 7 days a week), to free access to scholarly journals that are up-to-date in your field.
Ready for the Next Steps?
Learning online doesn't mean going it alone. Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor.