Online Bachelor of Science.
Emphasis: Supply Chain Management
In the online Bachelor of Science Business in Administration, Emphasis: Supply Chain Management degree program, students will learn to coordinate the various aspects of the supply chain in order to optimize efficiency while maintaining high quality and customer satisfaction.
Business Administration; Emphasis: Supply Chain Management (BS) coursework will challenge students to consider how supply chain management integrates supply and demand management with product design, marketing, sales, finance, and information technology as well across partner companies.
Supply Chain Management has emerged as a distinct field to meet the needs of the growing global supply chain, i.e. the series of business processes that move products from initial order to acquisition of raw materials, production and distribution to the customer. With projections that global supply chain activities will continue to expand and integrate new technologies and practices, supply chain management has become an increasingly attractive career path for today’s business students.
Supply Chain Management Emphasis Core Courses
Students enrolled in the BS Business Administration; Emphasis: Supply Chain Management program develop knowledge and skills in the following major core courses:
- Logistics and Transportation Management
- Purchasing and Supply Chain Management
- Marketing and Distribution Channels
- Manufacturing Planning and Control
- Quality Management in the Supply Chain
- Strategic Supply Chain Management
Students develop other necessary knowledge and skills in courses in the Support Core and General Education Core, including courses in communications, science, mathematics, humanities/behavioral/social science, and college and career success.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Apply the principal concepts, theories, practices, and interrelationships in management accounting, financial accounting, marketing, finance, and management.
- Apply concepts and principles related to the international dimensions of business.
- Apply decision-support tools to business decision making.
- Communicate effectively and in a professional manner.
- Analyze typical challenges that managers are likely to face and recommend solutions, using critical thinking skills and ethical decision-making models.
- Apply problem-solving methods within a supply chain management context.
- Analyze supply chain management issues from a strategic perspective.
Why Choose NAU?
Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor on day one, and will have an academic advisor after you enroll.
Transfer Credit Accepted
We offer free transfer evaluations and accept up to 75% of the program to transfer in from another institution/program.
Our Faculty members are skilled professionals that work in the fields they teach, bringing practical knowledge and experience into the online classroom.
Program Completion Flexibility
As a standard, full-time student you can complete the program in as few as 15 months, however, you may choose your course load – take as many or as few classes at one time as you want.
Credit for Real-World Experience
Earn credit for prior learning which includes experiential learning or portfolio credits awarded by NAU, and evaluated corporate training certificates
Student Learning Resources
NAU offers multiple student learning services, from free tutoring, to our Ask-a-Librarian service (open 7 days a week), to free access to scholarly journals that are up-to-date in your field.
Ready for the Next Steps?
Learning online doesn't mean going it alone. Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor.