Online Associate of Applied Science.
Computer Support Specialist
The Associate of Applied Science in Computer Support Specialist program is designed to meet the needs of those who are interested in pursuing a career in the logistics field.
The Computer Support Specialist (AAS) coursework provides students with the technical knowledge and expertise to analyze information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems within a help desk environment. A computer support specialist provides technical assistance to computer users, answer questions or resolve computer problems for clients in person, or via telephone or electronically.
Information Technology Major Core Courses
Students enrolled in the AAS Computer Support Specialist program develop knowledge and skills in the following major core courses:
- Computer Concepts
- Principles of Programming
- Introduction to Database
- Internetworking Fundamentals
- Introduction to Computer Security
- Windows Operating Systems and Server Administration Fundamentals
- Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
- Customer Service Relations
Students develop other necessary knowledge and skills in courses in the Support Core and General Education Core, including courses in communications, science, mathematics, humanities/behavioral/social science, and college and career success.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of computer operating systems including both proprietary and open source systems.
- Identify, describe, install and configure the hardware associated with personal computer systems.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the fundamental information technology skills required to provide user support in business.
Common Occupations of Graduates
- Computer Network Technician
- Computer Programmers / Interactive Media
- Information Systems Analyst & Consultants
- User Support Technicians
- 87.13% of recent graduates find employment
- Median Earnings: $47,539
- Earnings Range: $35,930 – $62,126
*Source: Government of Canada – 2017-11-15
Why Choose NAU?
Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor on day one, and will have an academic advisor after you enroll.
Transfer Credit Accepted
We offer free transfer evaluations and accept up to 75% of the program to transfer in from another institution/program.
Our Faculty members are skilled professionals that work in the fields they teach, bringing practical knowledge and experience into the online classroom.
Program Completion Flexibility
As a standard, full-time student you can complete the program in as few as 15 months, however, you may choose your course load – take as many or as few classes at one time as you want.
Credit for Real-World Experience
Earn credit for prior learning which includes experiential learning or portfolio credits awarded by NAU, and evaluated corporate training certificates
Student Learning Resources
NAU offers multiple student learning services, from free tutoring, to our Ask-a-Librarian service (open 7 days a week), to free access to scholarly journals that are up-to-date in your field.
Ready for the Next Steps?
Learning online doesn't mean going it alone. Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor.