Online Associate of Applied Science.
The Associate of Applied Science in Business Logistics program is designed to meet the needs of those who are interested in pursuing a career in the logistics field.
Business Logistics (AAS) coursework will teach students how business organizations can achieve competitive advantage by developing and maintaining efficient and effective operations across their buying, shipping, and receiving channels. Graduates of logistics programs are increasingly sought for their knowledge and skills in this specialized field of business that is projected to continue its expansion and growth.
Business Logistics Major Core Courses
Students enrolled in the AAS Business Logistics program develop knowledge and skills in the following major core courses:
- Principles of Accounting I
- Principles of Accounting II
- Macroeconomics OR
- Introduction to Business
- Principles of Management
- Introduction to Business Logistics
- Demand Forecasting and Inventory Management
- Operations Management
- Logistics and Transportation Management
- Purchasing and Supply Chain Management
- Business Logistics Internship OR
- Business Logistics Projects
Students develop other necessary knowledge and skills in courses in the Support Core and General Education Core, including courses in communications, science, mathematics, humanities/behavioral/social science, and college and career success.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Apply the introductory concepts, fundamental theories, and fundamental practices in the principal functional areas of business.
- Use current technology and computer applications in support of business.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Apply introductory concepts and theories in business logistics.
Common Occupations of Graduates
- General Office Support Workers
- Administrative Officers
- Retail and Wholesale Trade Managers
- Accounting and Related Clerks
- 57% of recent graduates find employment
- Median Earnings: $40,883
- Earnings Range: $30,896 – $53,057
*Source: Government of Canada – 2017-11-15
Why Choose NAU?
Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor on day one, and will have an academic advisor after you enroll.
Transfer Credit Accepted
We offer free transfer evaluations and accept up to 75% of the program to transfer in from another institution/program.
Our Faculty members are skilled professionals that work in the fields they teach, bringing practical knowledge and experience into the online classroom.
Program Completion Flexibility
As a standard, full-time student you can complete the program in as few as 15 months, however, you may choose your course load – take as many or as few classes at one time as you want.
Credit for Real-World Experience
Earn credit for prior learning which includes experiential learning or portfolio credits awarded by NAU, and evaluated corporate training certificates
Student Learning Resources
NAU offers multiple student learning services, from free tutoring, to our Ask-a-Librarian service (open 7 days a week), to free access to scholarly journals that are up-to-date in your field.
Ready for the Next Steps?
Learning online doesn't mean going it alone. Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor.