Associate of Applied Science.
The Associate of Business Administration program is designed to convey to students many of the primary and more fundamental concepts that begin to form the foundation for the breadth of knowledge and strategic mindset that are requisite for career success in the field of business.
Business Administration Major Core Courses
Students enrolled in the AAS Business Administration program develop knowledge and skills in the following major core courses:
- Principles of Accounting I
- Principles of Accounting II
- Business Finance I
- Introduction to Business
- Principles of Management
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business
- Business Management Capstone
Students develop other necessary knowledge and skills in courses in the Support Core and General Education Core, including courses in communications, science, mathematics, humanities/behavioral/social science, and college and career success.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Apply introductory concepts and theories in marketing, management, accounting, economics, and ethics.
- Analyze typical challenges that business decision makers are likely to face.
- Demonstrate effective collaboration and teamwork skills.
Common Occupations of Graduates
- General office support workers
- Administrative officers
- Retail and wholesale trade managers
- Accounting and related clerks
- 82.57% of recent graduates find employment
- Median Earnings: $40,883
- Earnings Range: $30,896 – $53,057
*Source: Government of Canada – 2017-11-15
Why Choose NAU?
Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor on day one, and will have an academic advisor after you enroll.
Transfer Credit Accepted
We offer free transfer evaluations and accept up to 75% of the program to transfer in from another institution/program.
Our Faculty members are skilled professionals that work in the fields they teach, bringing practical knowledge and experience into the online classroom.
National American University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
National American University is approved by the Higher Learning Commission to offer programs and courses through distance education.
National American University has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kan., USA. The business programs in the following degrees are accredited by the IACBE:
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Management
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Management
- Associate of Applied Science in Accounting
- Associate of Applied Science in Business Administration
- Associate of Applied Science in Business Logistics
- Associate of Applied Science in Management
- Associate of Applied Science in Small Business Management
Program Completion Flexibility
As a standard, full-time student you can complete the program in as few as 15 months, however, you may choose your course load – take as many or as few classes at one time as you want.
Credit for Real-World Experience
Earn credit for prior learning which includes experiential learning or portfolio credits awarded by NAU, and evaluated corporate training certificates
Student Learning Resources
NAU offers multiple student learning services, from free tutoring, to our Ask-a-Librarian service (open 7 days a week), to free access to scholarly journals that are up-to-date in your field.
Ready for the Next Steps?
Learning online doesn't mean going it alone. Our support starts before you enroll – and continues to graduation day. You are assigned a personal enrollment advisor.